Fall 2008 Women's Fashion Trend: Plaid CoatsPolka dots and tweed are giving way to plaid in all sorts of color combinations this Fall, and you can choose from a long-coat with a low-waited belt, or a simple pea coat style buttoned up to the max. Both large and small plaid prints are acceptable this season, and are best paired with tights and booties over a dress or skirt.
Fall 2008 Women's Fashion Trend: Shitake and Twilight Blue Color CombosShitake is a mellow brown color, while Twilight Blue is a variation of classic navy. Together, this is one of Fall's most attractive looks and can be found in coats, dresses, and even pantsuits. Temperley London and Peter Som both picked up on this color combination at New York Fashion Week, and it's perfect for both day and night.

11/14/08

Leather military jacket


Leather military jacketGood start, needs work. I ordered this in black. However, I don't think it's dyed very well and it looks like a charcoal grey in person. The leather isn't the best quality, but acceptable for the price. The front fits great, but the back has very little shaping and is not nearly as flattering as it could be. It has two very short kick pleats that look, well, stupid. I have a lot of sewing experience so I am going to take it apart at the back seams, refit it and extend the kick pleats. I also removed the tacked on detail at the cuffs. You can't tell by the photo but it's just a strip of leather held in place by the button stitching. Very lame, but easy to remove.
I gave this four stars because I think it's a great start to the jacket I want, the price wasn't bad (on clearance) and I think I will be very happy with it once I get something to darken the leather and make some alterations to the back.
I'd recommend ordering this a size larger than normal if you want to wear it over a sweater.